For a Westerner, China is a leap. There is no winging it. Figuring out what the street signs say or the appropriate way to eat what your host just served you can be overwhelming. But a little knowledge can go a long way. If you take the time to learn just a bit of Chinese culture, history, and a few common phrases, your efforts will be welcomed and rewarded.
What to Expect
Our seminar will offer you…
- A big-picture overview of China / U.S. differences (economies, religions, governments, ethnicity).
- A brief look at China’s history.
- Some key elements to understand about the Chinese language.
- Cultural differences on topics such as concept of the self, social responsibility, perspective on time, level of directness, and the importance of reputation and standing (“face”).
This seminar ends with practical discussions on social behaviors: do’s and don’ts of common interactions (surface culture) and the deeper values beneath them.
- Comparison of the USA and China
- Cultural Comparisons
- Social Behavior
- Chinese Values